Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recovery Log for Bilateral Anterior Approach Hip Replacement

June 13

I have now had 3 more Physical therapy sessions and another 10 days have passed.  I am now 4 weeks and 3 days post surgery.  I have had my post-op visit to the surgeon and he was very pleased with the x-rays and my general state of being. 

I can often walk pain free after being up for a few minutes but as the day progresses the hip pains are still returning.  I can sense that thing are getting better each day but walking is still much more of a strain than normal.  doing excercises like leg lifts is still painful but I have been able to work back up to doing 50 pushups each morning (something I have done for years prior to surgery).

The pain is worst when first getting up after being in a sitting position for any length of time.  Since I am a software engineer I spend a lot of time at my desk and in meetings sitting.  When I first stand up I strech for a few seconds prior to taking the first steps but the first few steps are still always painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment